Bunyad is a Non-Governmental Organization, working for the promotion of Education, and Women Rights. We focus on making young girls and adolescents residing in rural areas, literate and to make them stand on their own feet.
Bunyad is committed to the goals of the EFA & SDG’s respectively, as these goals are crucial to the mission of eradicating poverty.
One million people have been made literate through various means such as Non-Formal Education, Adult Education, CLC’S, Formal Education, and through Mobile Phone Literacy programmes.
Bunyad’s activities have been recognized on a national and on an International level and has received numerous awards for its efforts in eradicating illiteracy. It has received the following prizes :
- Communions Medal, UNESCO, Paris, 1998 for innovative work in literacy
- King Sejong Prize, UNESCO, Paris, 2002 for the best NGO for promotion of literacy
- Presidential Award of Aizaz-e-Fazilat for literacy promotion, Government of Pakistan, Education Department, 1998
- Best Provincial NGO Award, 2002, Punjab Commission for Literacy for EFA
- Aizaz-e-Fazilat, a Presidential award
- Special Award for Promotion of Literacy, 2001, Pakistan Literacy Commissioner
- Bunyad’s outstanding work countering child labour has been recognized by the National Commission for Child Welfare and Development (NCCWD) and the Prime minister of Pakistan bestowed Leadership Award to Usman Bilal, one of the learners at Bunyad Hope Surgical Center Bagwal Awan Sialkot
- Best Coordination Award was bestowed on Bunyad by UNICEF for its outstanding working in Flood affected areas